Do we wash our hair after hair transplant or not? What not to do after hair transplant? Your hair transplant surgeon will tell you what not to do post-surgery. Abide by the guidelines as much as you can.
We will list a few things that one should not do after hair transplant.
- Do not do any strenous physical activities immediately after your hair transplant.
- Do not take blood thinners in the first few days.
- Do not take any medications that have not been prescribed by your doctor, and if you have to take medications for other situations, ask your hair transplant surgeon if you can take them.
- Do not drive on the first day after your hair transplant because you will be under the influence of anesthesia.
- Do not wash your head before we wash it on the first day.
- Do not rub your hair too much after you wash your hair for the first few weeks post-surgery.
- Do not pick the scabs after the hair transplant.
- Avoid sexual activity for one week.
- Do not swim in the first two-three weeks.
- Do not stay under direct sunlight.
- Avoid wearing a shirt/top that is hard to pull over your head, instead wear a button-down shirt for the first week.
- Do not drink alcohol during the first week post-op.
- If you had a beard hair transplant, do not shave your beard in the first month.
- Do not get scalp micropigmentation in the first three months.
- Do not scratch your scalp or the recipient area in the first few weeks.
There are several things to pay attention to, and not to do after your hair transplant. It is best to give your transplanted/recipient area special care in the beginning but with time everything should go back to normal.