If I were not familiar with hair transplants, I would be confused “What is hair transplant FUE?” Ah, those abbreviations. Especially medical ones. Let me help you out on this one.
FUE? What is FUE?
It is simply the abbreviation for a hair transplant technique. If you want the longer one, it is Follicular Unit Extraction.
I will explain this one in detail. Step by step:
- Our hair exists in follicular units on our scalps and bodies.
- There are two major hair transplant techniques: FUE and FUT. FUT stands for Follicular Unit Transfer. Are you with me so far? Perhaps a bit confusing, it is, because of the similarity.
- Extraction or transfer. This is where the difference comes from. FUT is an older technique where a strap of hair is removed from the scalp, and divided into follicular units. Then transferred to the bald areas.
- FUE is a more improved technique which involves the extraction of follicular units one by one.
- FUE is quite advanced, and has many advantages over other techniques due to the individual extraction and transplantation of the follicular units. This allows for natural-looking results. Why is that?
- Because our hair follicles grow in different angles and directions. When the hair follicles are removed one by one, the incisions can be made with a natural angle, and transplanted in accordance with the natural growing angle of your hair.
- Because when the hair follicles are extracted from the back of your scalp, they cause minimal scarring. The rest of your nape hair covers the tiny scars.
What makes FUE work?
The simple principle for all current hair transplants is the fact that the hair on the back of your scalp does not fall out as the rest of your scalp hair. It is resistant to falling out. When some of the hair follicles from the back of the head are removed, they grow back in the transplanted area and stay with you forever.
What to do next?
Now that you have an idea what FUE is and how it works, you can look for doctors who perform FUE transplants. In some cases, FUT might work better, but that is up to your doctor to decide.
Hair transplant FUE – FUE hair transplant: The best way to find out more about is to visit a world-class clinic, and ask about the procedure and the prices.
Best of luck.