Hair transplant cost can be scary. They can also be confusing. Contrary to what is commonly thought, hair transplants do not cost “too much” to the patient.
Let us consider these points about hair transplants:
- Hair transplants are medical procedures.
- They require surgical environments with the best equipment, medical teams, and hygiene.
- Hair restoration requires the application of local anesthetics and experienced medical teams, and particularly surgeons.
- Hair transplant operations require medical knowledge.
- Hair transplant operations take between six to ten hours.
Hair transplant is not a cosmetic treatment that takes only half-an-hour. To ensure the best results, the surgeons need to have the right skill set. Medical procedures often cost more than cosmetic treatments because they are delicate, and important. For the patient’s best interests, the medical teams performing the operation should be able to concentrate. The safety and the general well-being of a patient comes first. Also, the equipment used in medical operations require maintenance, and is more expensive to maintain, repair, clean, etc.
You can see why a hair transplant has a certain cost, and it cannot get below that. Because the operation takes a full working day, the surgeons need a medical team. The wages of the medical team members add to the cost.
And yet, there is nothing to be scared of. Like everything else becoming more demanded, hair transplant surgery is more affordable now.
The below factors affect hair transplant cost:
It is a free world. In the free market economy, the prices differ from place to place. Why is that so?
- The rent: In some countries, renting a clinic, owning a hospital building is cheaper than others.
- The salaries/wages: Medical staff all around the world often get at least minimum wage salaries, and higher. In some countries, labor is cheaper than others.
- Equipment, licenses, and other costs to the clinic: Once again, the maintenance and other costs, utilities, and such are more affordable in some places than others.
Often, the more experienced the surgeon, the higher prices you can expect, but not always. Very skilled surgeons with several patients may ask for a more affordable price than you think.
Big hospital chains might have more affordable or less affordable costs – depends on the place, and the number of operations they perform.
The same as the surgeon. More experienced teams may have higher salaries, and therefore, more costs to cover for the clinic.
5The equipment and the technique:
Top-notch technology can be more expensive, and yet, less so in the long-run.
6The baldness pattern:
Smaller areas of baldness like patches, or eyebrow, eyelash transplants cost less than scalp hair transplants.
7Accommodation, transport, follow-up examinations and care:
Often, if you buy a full package, it will be more economic.
8Black market and greed:
Expensive does not always mean good quality. Unfortunately, in medical tourism, there are greedy people who try to deceive people.
Some countries take a lot of pride on having well trained surgeons and teams, and lower hair transplant costs. Try to find out how much hair transplants cost in your country. Often in the western world, in Northern America, and in Europe, hair transplant operations cost A LOT! This is due to the higher operational costs. If you visit a clinic and they offer to perform your hair transplant for a higher price than you can afford, you would be right to raise an eyebrow, because now, in some countries hair transplants are affordable for most people – hair is important, and for those who want to get a hair transplant, a few thousands of dollars can be saved, and spared. Hair transplant cost may not be a nightmare after all.