There are fun facts about everything, why not about hair? Hair is fun, facts are fun, and hair facts are even more fun.
- Hair is dead. Your eyes are not tricking you. The hair we see that extends from the scalp is dead, but hair inside the epidermis is not.
- Hair is very strong. The full head of hair could support 2 tons!
- Contrary to popular belief, people with blonde hair have the highest number of hair strands.
- We shed 100-150 hair strands per day. It is entirely natural. Losing more than that can lead to baldness.
- If you want to grow your hair to your waist, it takes about seven years to do so.
- One has the most number of hair on their scalp when they are children. All of our hair follicles are formed when we are still in the womb.
- Lips, the soles of the feet, eyelids, the palms of the hands: no hair? That is right. We have hair everywhere else on the body other than these parts.
- When our hair is still wet, it can be elastic, stretching by up to 30% of its normal length.
- Hair grows fast – not as fast as the bone marrow – but still fast.
- Your hair is made of the same thing as the beaks, feathers, claws, horn in animals: keratin!
- Most medications have a side effect of causing hair loss.
- When you remove a hair strand, a new one starts to grow in its place.
- “Shampoo” comes from the Hindi word “champna”, and it means to knead.
- Split ends can never be repaired. One needs to cut them off.
- Asian hair has the most elasticity.
- Hair tells a lot about us – our environment and diet.
- Our hair on our faces grows faster than other body hair.
- Cutting your hair has not impact on its growth!
Hair is fun, and there are many more facts about it. We hope to share them with you soon.